Short Summary – What’s it all about?
- Your privacy is very important to us. At Priya Sophia (our official business name and website domain name), we are absolutely committed to protecting your privacy and maintaining the security of any personal information that is held about you.
- You can find out more about it here.
- When we refer to “we” or “us” we mean our business. When we refer to “you” we mean any visitor to our site or user of our services who shares personal data with us.
- By using this website, you confirm that you are over 13 years of age.
- Priya Mahtani is the sole owner of PRIYA SOPHIA and the data controller for this domain.
- Priya Mahtani is the Data Protection Officer
- Contact Info:
- Legal Entity: Priya Mahtani Email: [email protected]
- Address: 34 Toms Lane, Kings Langley, Herts, WD4 8NB
We do collect, use and process personal data from visitors to our website. This is usually, but not limited to your name and email address, and financial details with which we take payments. By signing up to our newsletter, you have consented to give us these details. We only send information to you after obtaining your active consent, by ticking a relevant box that affirms you want to receive our information. Other ways in which we collect data include webinar sign-ups, event bookings, downloadable freebie sign-ups, landing pages and retreat application forms.
2. THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS
Under no circumstances, will we share your data with third parties. That’s just not how we operate. However, we do use third-party service providers. Our current list of third-party service providers includes
These third-party service providers help us to send out our regular newsletters, invite you to online gatherings, share testimonials and reviews, process tickets and payments for our events as well as analyse our web traffic.
They collect, export, process and store personal data on our behalf. All our processors are compliant with the GDPR and you can view their respective websites for further information.
We will only collect, keep, process and share personal data for legitimate business purposes as detailed below or if we are legally required to do so.
We will be as clear and transparent as possible with you on the personal data we collect and how it will be processed. For as long as we maintain records of your personal data, we will keep it up-to-date and protect it with the appropriate safety measures.
To learn more about how long we will retain your personal data, please see “further details” section below.
3. DATA RETENTION:
You can also email us at any time at [email protected] if you wish to remove any information that we hold about you. Or alternatively, if you wish view view what information we are currently storing about you too. Remember if you require a copy or deletion of the personal data we keep about you at any time, all you need to do is to please contact us at [email protected]
At the bottom of any single email you receive from us, you will always have the option to unsubscribe from receiving our newsletter and/or being part of a specific mailing list for specific webinars or meditations. We do hope that you will stay and you are welcome to subscribe again at any time. This automatically deletes your information from our digital database.
5. So what information do we collect?
We collect information about you when you:
• Join our newsletter;
• Sign-up for a webinar;
• Leave us your comments on our blog posts;
• Leave us your reviews or testimonials for our services;
• Fill in an application for an in-person retreat;
• Opt-in for our coaching services;
• Book a massage appointment;
• Buy tickets for an in-person or an online event.
• Complete surveys about our services.
• Website usage information is collected using cookies. (Please see Cookies section below for more information).
• Sending special offers to those on our newsletter list.
• Sending out emails to those of you signed up to our membership site (in the future).
• Sending news updates and information about our events, both in person, online as well as our latest blog posts.
6. Further Details:
Like most websites today we have cookies, to help us deliver a better website experience for you (we wish we could offer you an actual biscuit and a lovely chat instead). Cookies are basically text files placed on your computer that collects standard internet log information understands how website visitors navigate on a domain. This helps us to track visitors to our site and compile statistical reports to help us understand our clients better. You can set your browser not to accept cookies and this website explains exactly how to remove cookies from your browser. It some cases, however, it may result in some of the website features not functioning as a result.
We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our visitors navigate through our site and make it even more relevant for our audiences.
From time to time, we may contact you with information regarding our online membership programmes, in-person and online gatherings and events, and special offers. These are always in compliance with the direct marketing regulations and because we feel that we have a legitimate interest to share these relevant offers and events with you.
You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes, by writing to us at [email protected] at any time.
Other means of processing information:
Facebook & Twitter:
We collect publicly available information from both Facebook and Twitter profiles, when users mention, share, comment or like our Facebook posts or Twitter handle, comment on or retweet our posts. We collect posts, handles, names and follower count.
We process this information, under the lawful basis of Legitimate Interest – tracking engagement as building our relationship with you is really important and something we value a lot.
7. The lawful bases for processing personal information
All personal data we process is:
- For the purpose of sharing and promoting our news, blogs and inspirational content, that you have actively given your consent to receive.
- For the purpose of providing you with products such as events and retreats and membership programmes which we enter into a contract with you.
- For the purpose of marketing relevant gatherings and services that we share a legitimate interest.
If you have any complaints about our how we collect, process or use your personal data, please do contact us directly in the first instance.
You can also lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner Office.
9. Getting in Touch
Or write to us at PRIYA SOPHIA, 34 Toms Lane, Kings Langley, Herts, WD4 8NB
10. Notification of Changes:
The Bottom Line:
Priya Sophia is all about intimacy, connection and community. Authenticity and integrity are core to the values out of which we operate – which is why we actually really like the new GDPR laws because they are about protecting your privacy and being transparent about how we process, use and collect your data.
We believe in deepening our authentic relationship with you and it is in this spirit that we operate, in accordance with the GDPR that comes into effect as of 25th May 2018.
This policy was last updated on 16th May 2018.